The following reports are representative of PolicyLab’s previous and ongoing work.
Asset Building and Savings
- Savings Matches, Small Dollar Accounts, and Childcare Workers’ Decisions to Save
2012-2015 Appalachian Savings Project. A report for the Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement. An accompanying brief summarizes key findings.
- Appalachian Savings Project: Year 1 Outcomes. A report for the Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement. An accompanying brief summarizes key findings.
- An Assessment of Policies to Promote Financial Savings and Asset Building.
- The Role of Asset-Building Services for Community-Based Tax Preparation Programs. A report for the Center for Economic Progress.
- Financial Coaching: A New Approach for Asset Building? A report for the Annie E. Casey Foundation. A brief is available here.
Homebuyer Education and Counseling
- Homeownership Education and Counseling: Do We Know What Works? Research Institute for Housing America Special Report.
- Lessons from the Front Lines: Counselor Perspectives on Default Interventions. Sponsored by the Homeownership Preservation Initiative.
- Measuring the Delivery Costs of Prepurchase Homeownership Education and Counseling. A NeighborWorks America Publication.
- More than Shelter: A Grantmaker’s Guide to Housing Programs and Policy. Neighborhood Funders Group.
- State Policy Responses to Foreclosure: 2008. A report for the Pew Center on the States.
- Designing a Financial Planning and Investment Program for EARN Alumni: Summary of Research Findings. A report for EARN.
- Formula for Success: Questions and Answers for Local Leaders Designing a Foreclosure Intervention Program. A NeighborWorks America Publication
Additional reports are available here.